Sunday, April 15, 2007

Knowing God

Look up in the sky on a clear night.
Some of that light that you are observing is billions of years old.
It took that long to reach this planet,
from its source.
It is really humbling,
And I don’t know about you, but it makes me feel very small.
The galaxies that inhabit space are uncountable.
The vastness of it all is incomprehensible.
I don’t believe that most people really grasp that.
The bible says that God is everywhere all the time, he knows and see’s all things.
That God is a Spirit.
It is really not humanly possible to understand that.
The Omnipresence of God.
The Omnipotence of God.
It is beyond understanding.
It really makes me humble looking at what God has made.
Think about it …
Because as vast as these things are, the one who made them is greater.
The creator is greater than his creation, he has to be.
The Lord of the universe. The creator of all things.
Who created space and time, and exists outside of space and time.
I am just about done reading J. I. Packers book … “Knowing God”.
I highly recommend it to anyone who is seeking to broaden
their understanding of the Lord God.
It has helped my understanding.

No comments: