Tuesday, April 10, 2007

This will ruin your day at work ...

Gravel barge capsized near Gig Harbor
The Associated Press
A gravel barge capsized near Gig Harbor Monday.
The Coast Guard says no petroleum products spilled into the water, but gravel from the 33-hundred ton load spilled into the water despite the efforts of a tug to push the barge to shore to keep it from sinking.
The Island Tug and Barge company of Seattle was moving the gravel from DuPont to Kenmore.
Copyright © 2007 The Seattle


So, I am back at work again, I was coming around Browns Point, entering Commencement Bay, when I saw it .... An Island Tug towing a barge around, but the barge was upside down.
Looked a little strange to see the skegs pointed strait up to the sky.
I HAVE to start bringing my camera to work with me again.
That would have been a really kewl picture. They are in here just doing round turns
At least the thing din't sink when it flipped, and luckily the only thing that was lost
was gravel.

No comments: