Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Home ... Home Again, I like to be there when I can ...

I returned home Sunday afternoon after doing my time for the month
of March. I live two lives. One at work on a Tug, the other here at home.
I like the one here at home more. I am very happy that I am at home.
I like to think that I am not one of those that need work to define who they are.
Where a person gets their feeling of identity and being.
I think that is definably a male trait.
But I am probably in denial about that.
We men can’t seem not to do that.
Is it not always one of the first things that is
brought up when you first meet someone new ?
What do you do for a living ?
(answer … I do so and so for so and so)
You know the drill.
I am attempting to change that.
Time will tell if I am successful in my endeavor.
I have purchased “Knowing God” by J. I Packer and
I am slowly reading through it.
Of course, I am also still pounding away reading the Bible also.
A little bit every day. For me, I can say that
it leads my thoughts away from the daily goings on in my life.
It causes me to reflect on greater and grander themes of things… so to speak.
We went to Yoga on Monday. I love going to Yoga.
My sister inlaw turned me on to this place->
http://awakenpoweryoga.com/
At the end of a session, I can’t even describe to you how
relaxed and peaceful I feel. It’s nice.
When I go to Yoga, I like to focus on what I know about God.
What he has revealed to me.
I meditate on that.
They do a little chanting where I practice.
Although I can’t bring myself to chant…… “Ohmmm” “Ohmmm”
But I do enjoy listening to the group chant. The sound that they produce
when they chant is rather nice to listen too.
I bring my own spirituality with me when I practice my yoga.
I focus on what I believe and I meditate on that.
I need to get off my butt and find a church to attend.
There are a lot out there. It is just a little overwhelming,
trying to decide which one to go too.
I guess that when I am ready, I will be lead to the right one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The nice part of the chanting that brings me peace is the vibration you get from the top of your head to your crotch - when yu say Ohm, you practice the vibration until you feel it all over. Lets try the church off Lewis, I have been wanting to go to that church for a long time. ME